Wednesday 13 July 2011

Final thoughts

This marks the end of this blog but certainly not the end of my journey of discovery of the wonderful country of Malawi.  Who knows what our next adventures will be but I hope it won’t be too long until we visit this fascinating country again.  Thank you for all your support for our trip and for taking the time to read this.
For those of you who know me well, I have always been interested in all things African after having watched the film, Out of Africa.
Please allow me some poetic license when quoting Karen Blixen:

If I know a song of Malawi, of the hippopotamus and the children playing the yard, of the chatter of the women drawing the water from the well and the sound of sweeping at dawn, does Malawi know a song of me? Will the children sing a song from the azungu visitor, or will the laughter and jokes continue well into the dusk as head torches shine, or will the full moon throw a shadow over the school yard in my shape, or will the elephants of Lilwonde  look out for me?...I only hope they do….Zikomo (thank you), Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment